Rod Library--Special Collections
Delta Pi Epsilon, Alpha Tau Chapter, Papers
Archives Record Series: 17/03
Delta Pi Epsilon, Alpha Tau Chapter, Papers, 6.25 linear feet.
Description of Records
This collection contains material from the Alpha Tau chapter of Delta Pi Epsilon and several other business education organizations.
Delta Pi Epsilon is, according to its Web site, a “national graduate honorary society for professionals who support and promote scholarship, leadership, and cooperation toward the advancement of education for and about business.” Alpha Tau is the local chapter at the University of Northern Iowa. It was installed in 1966. This collection also includes material from the Iowa Business Education Association and Pi Omega Pi, the National Business Education Teacher Honor Society.
The material in Boxes 1 through 4 was donated to the University Archives in January 2009 by faculty member Dianna L. Briggs, sponsor of Delta Pi Epsilon and Pi Omega Pi on the University of Northern Iowa campus. The collection includes photographs, membership lists, financial statements, and meeting minutes that range from 1964 through 2004. There are also three scrapbooks that were prepared for special chapter occasions.
Box 1 contains information on the local Alpha Tau chapter. It also contains photographs of UNI faculty members such as Professors Jack Reed and Lloyd Douglas, to whom a memorial scholarship is dedicated. Box 2 continues Alpha Tau chapter material and also includes records pertaining to Delta Pi Epsilon on the national level. Box 3 is a continuation of Delta Pi Epsilon material as well as information about the Iowa Business Education Association (IBEA) and Pi Omega Pi. All boxes are arranged alphabetically and then chronologically.
In August 2012, Professor Briggs donated another small collection of Delta Sigma Epsilon minutes, financial statements, and correspondence to the University Archives. This material is in Box 5.
- Alpha Tau anniversary material, 1976
- Alpha Tau banquet programs
- Alpha Tau awards, 1991-2004
- Alpha Tau meeting minutes, 1972-2002
- Alpha Tau business education conference programs, 1981-1983
- Alpha Tau officers, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1995
- Initiates list, 1987, 1998
- Chapter installation banquet program and photographs, 1966
- Lloyd V. Douglas obituary, 1978
- Meeting photographs, 1992, 2002
- Membership guidelines and lists, 1966-2001
- Newsletters, 1967-2001
- Treasurer's Reports, 1978-2004
- Alpha Tau pre-installation correspondence, 1964-1966
- Recipients of Lloyd V. Douglas Award, 1968-1987
- Research Awards Programs
- Delta Pi Epsilon bylaws, 1991, 1994, 1996
- Delta Pi Epsilon office bulletins, 1980-1995, 2003
- Chapter handbooks, 1973-1997
- Delta Pi Epsilon governing documents, 1980-1999
- Delta Pi Epsilon histories, 1975-1997
- Delta Pi Epsilon index to doctoral dissertations, 1900-1975
- Delta Pi Epsilon board meeting minutes, 1981-1995
- Delta Pi Epsilon board meeting minutes, 1997-2001
- Delta Pi Epsilon newsletters, 1989-1995
- Delta Pi Epsilon project (color photographic transparencies)
- Rapid Readers monographs
- IBEA members, 1984-1999
- IBEA directory of Iowa business educators, 1985-1991
- IBEA secretary's report, 1992
- Pi Omega Pi handbooks, 1992, 2003
- Pi Omega Pi meeting photographs, 1972-1984
- Alpha Tau scrapbooks, 1974, 1985, 1997
- Alpha Tau president Jo Ellen Winegar's gavel, 2001
- Lloyd V. Douglas award winner plaque
- Delta Pi Epsilon Alpha Tau research award plaque
- Reports, minutes, financial statements
Material in Boxes 1-4 processed by Public History intern Sara Skendelien; finding aid prepared by Special Collections Librarian and University Archivist Gerald L. Peterson, February 2009; last modified September 5, 2012 (GP).