Rod Library--Special Collections
Graduate Curriculum and Student Outcomes Assessment files, 1995-2004
Archives record series: 11/01/13
Files from office of Associate Dean of Graduate College, 2.5 linear feet.
Description of the Material
These files were created and maintained by Professor Vivian R. Jackson, Associate Dean of the Graduate College. The files reflect her areas of particular responsibility within the Graduate College, notably graduate student outcomes assessment and graduate curriculum. But the files also include information about the McElroy Fellowship as well as policies affecting graduate students.
Description of Record Series
This material came to the University Archives from the Graduate College in January 2005, about eighteen months after Professor Jackson retired. Some material in the collection may have been added by Professor Jackson's successor as Associate Dean, Professor Jacqueline McGlade.
Graduate Student Outcomes Assessment files and Graduate Curriculum files, 1995-2004
These files include meeting minutes, guidelines, memos, reports, and other documents relating to outcomes assessment and curriculum revision of graduate programs. The files are divided between assessment and curricular matters. Within each of those divisions, the files are arranged in general chronological order. The level of specificity for the files of each year varies considerably.
Box 4 also includes files relating to the McElroy Fellowship, 1989-2003. Access to portions of the McElroy Fellowship files that contain student records is restricted.
Brief files relating to policy affecting graduate students
- Conflict of interest policy, 1995
- Graduate credit earned as a senior, 1986
- Graduate advising review--Ira Tolbert, 1984
- Graduate College space allocations, 1997
- Graduate scholarships, 1998-1999]
- Graduate student handbooks
- Marketing graduate education
- Minority faculty
- Minority graduate student association
- Non-academic probation and dismissal policy, 2001
- North Iowa Area Community College
- Patricia Roberts Harris Fellowship
- Scientific misconduct policy, 1999
Collection processed and finding aid prepared by Gerald L. Peterson, University Archivist, November 2005.
Last modified: November 17, 2005 (GP)