Rod Library--Special Collections
Historical subject files, 1962-1993
Archives record series: 26/08/09
2 linear feet.
The UNI Museums and Collections sent a collection of material to the University Archives in early 2010. This collection originally included personal and professional material related to Professors Melvin Franklin Arey, Emmett J. Cable, and Roy Abbott. That material was moved to collections relating specifically to each of those UNI faculty members. The collection also included newclippings relating to the local community and the campus. Those newsclippings were added to existing files on those matters in the University Archives. This series is what remains after the material noted above was dispersed into other collections.
This collection provides a good overview of Museum operations from about 1964 through the early 1990s. It includes information about the very last years of the administration of the Museum by Professor Emmet J. Cable, and then the administrations of Professor Pauline Sauer and Ronald Wilson. There is information about the Museum Advisory Committee and the Friends of the Museum. The collection is strongest in records relating to Museum programming and the use of the Museum by the UNI community, school groups, and the general public.
- Museum Committee meeting notes, 1923
- Museum newsletters, 1969-1970
- Form letters
- Pauline Sauer correspondence
- Faculty Advisory Committee, correspondence and minutes, 1963-1986 (with gaps)
- Friends of the Museum financial records
- Accessions--taxidemist Richard Schmidt
- Museum moves, 1964, 1966
- New Museum facility planning
- Educational programs and tours, 1987-1989
- Attendance records, registered groups, 1990-1991
- Attendance records, registered groups, 1991-1992
- Educational programs, 1989-1990
- Attendance records, 1962-1988
- Attendance records, UNI classes, 1969-1981
- Attendance records, group visits, 1962-1968
Attendance records, guest registers, 1970-1991
University Archivist Gerald L. Peterson processed this collection and wrote the finding aid in June 2010.