Rod Library--Special Collections
Clifford G. McCollum
The science building was named for the former Dean of the College of Natural Sciences, Clifford G. McCollum. McCollum joined the UNI faculty in 1949 as Assistant Principal of the Price Laboratory School. From 1950 until 1955 he taught elementary science to future teachers at UNI. He went to the State University of New York in 1955, but returned one year later. In 1957 he was promoted to Head of the Department of Science and in 1968 he became the first dean of the College of Natural Sciences and a professor of biology. He held this position until 1984 when he retired.
McCollum received his B.S., M.A., and Ed.D. degrees from the University of Missouri.
Compiled by Susan Witthoft; edited by Gerald L. Peterson
Special Collections and University Archives