Rod Library--Special Collections
Oliver M. Anderson
TO: All Faculty and Staff Members
FROM: Robert E. Morin, Dean, College of Business and Behavioral Sciences
DATE: October 28, 1975
Mr. Oliver M. Anderson, Assistant Professor of Business Education from 1963 through 1974, died Sunday, October 26, 1975, at Sartori Hospital.
Mr. Anderson was born in Minneapolis, Minnesota, on July 1, 1922. He earned a Bachelor of Business Administration Degree (1947) and a Bachelor of Arts in Education (1959) from the University of Minnesota. All of the course work toward the Ph. D. with a major in educational curriculum and instruction had been completed, and Mr. Anderson was in the process of writing his dissertation. The dissertation involved nationwide research dealing with functions of distributive teacher education.
He held management positions in private business from 1948 to 1959. He taught occupational relations at Harding High School in St. Paul, Minnesota, from 1959 through 1961. From 1961 through 1963, he served as a teaching assistant in distributive education at the University of Minnesota. In 1963, he became a distributive education teacher-educator in the Department of Business Education at the University of Northern Iowa. He also served as assistant professor and director of office and distributive education at the University.
Mr. Anderson had written numerous monographs and articles in distributive education. He was awarded the Iowa Distributive Education Outstanding Service Award in the summer of 1975.
Mr. Anderson resigned from the University in the fall of 1974 to enter private business as a district agent with the Lutheran Mutual Insurance Company. He was an active member of the Nazareth Lutheran Church, Cedar Falls, serving on the Stewardship Committee and on the Board of Deacons.
Memorial contributions can be sent to the following:
- Christian Crusaders Radio Broadcasters, Box 451, Waterloo, Iowa
- Organ Fund, Nazareth Lutheran Church, University and Main, Cedar Falls, Iowa 50613
Funeral services will be held at the Nazareth Lutheran Church, Cedar Falls, at 1:30 p.m., Wednesday, October 29, 1975, and burial will be in Greenwood Cemetery.