Rod Library--Special Collections
- The National Library of Canada has prepared a Bibliography of Standards and Selected References Related to Preservation in Libraries to serve as a guide to resources in the field of preservation.
- The Northeast Document Conservation Center offers a full array of information on the preservation and conservation of documents.
- Preservation Resources, a division of OCLC, offers special expertise on preserving material with microfilm and scanning technology.
- Conservation On-Line (CoOL), maintained by the Preservation Department of Stanford University Library, is an excellent site that includes directories of organizations, commercial enterprises, and individual professionals in the area of conservation and preservation of cultural artifacts. It features an especially good collection of material relating to disaster planning and mitigation.
- The Iowa Conservation and Preservation Consortium was formed several years ago in an attempt to chart the future for collections documenting Iowa's cultural heritage. This group, which includes representatives from government, museums, historical societies, and many types of libraries, sponsors teleconferences, offers flood recovery advice, and publishes preservation tip sheets. The group has incorporated and is now a membership organization.
- The Preservation and Conservation Department of the Library at the University of Illinois Library at Urbana has put together a nice FAQ page on the preservation and conservation of books, paper documents, photographs, and artwork.
- The Disaster Center offers a wide variety of resources that can be useful in the event of a disaster of almost any sort.