Videotapes and DVDs are found in four different locations in the building.
- Youth videos and DVDs are found in the Youth Collection on the third floor and may be checked out by UNI faculty, staff and students only.
- Art and music related videos and DVDs are stored in the Art and Music Collection on the fourth floor and may be checked out to UNI faculty staff, and students and visitors.
- The majority of the videotapes are housed across from the Interlibrary Loan desk on the first floor and may be checked out to UNI faculty, staff, and students, and visitors.
- Popular DVD and Blu-Ray titles are also located in the Browsing Room.
Video Catalog Search
Checking Out and Reserving Videos and DVDs
Titles may be booked (reserved in advance for use on specific dates). Circulation and booking requests are handled in the order received- on a first-come, first-served basis.
If a patron wishes to check out or "book" a video or DVD for which s/he knows the title and call number, the patron should go to the Library's MultiService Center on the second floor. If the patron knows of a video title which has not been cataloged and which s/he wishes to check out or "book," the patron should also go to the MultiService Center to ask for that item. Supervisors at the Circulation Desk on the main floor may also be able to assist a patron with booking videos. Click here to book your video online. Assistance in identifying videos, and confirming their availability in the collection, will continue to be offered at the Reference Desk on the main floor.
The loan period for videos/DVD's for all categories of patrons is one week (7 days); however, titles will circulate to ICN students for 2 weeks (14 days). A title which has been booked will not be available for circulation during the 24 hour prior to the booking date.
Titles may be picked up in the Library or can be delivered to any campus address. The Library reserves the right to designate selected titles non-circulating.
Renewing videos and DVDs
Videos may be renewed for one week. If the video is booked, the renewal will be blocked or shortened so that the title will not be in circulation during the 24 hours prior to the booking date.
Search this site:
- Administrative Information
- Hours & Maps
- Library Policies
- Make a Gift
- News & Special Projects
- Scholarly Communication
- School Library Studies
- Staff & Departments
- UNI Museum