Lives Change @ Your Library: Celebrate National Library Week, April 13-19
This week, Rod Library joins libraries in schools, campuses, and communities nationwide in celebrating National Library Week, a time to highlight the value of libraries, librarians, and library workers.
Libraries today are more than repositories for books and other resources. Often the heart of their communities, campuses or schools, libraries are deeply committed to the places where their patrons live, work and study. Libraries are trusted places where everyone in the community can gather to reconnect and reengage with each other to enrich and shape the community and address local issues.
The Rod Library is celebrating National Library Week by:
- Trivia in the Union. Monday-Wednesday from 1-2pm
- Search for Intelligent Life. Monday-Friday. Pull out your favorite book and be on the lookout for library staff across campus awarding readers with prizes.
- New Museum exhibit. The Sacred and Secular exhibit examines the multiple roles that art plays in African cultures.
- Learning Commons Open House on Wednesday from 3pm-5pm. Stop by and see the new space, services and technology you can use. Free food and prizes, including a grand prize of a Kindle Fire, will be provided.
- For more updates and information of events going on this week, check our social media sites:
For more information, visit the Rod Library or see our website at www.library.uni.edu.