Are You Seeking Grants to Help Fund Programs?
The university has a new grants database called The Foundation Directory Online accessible through the library website 24/7 from any location. Off-campus users will be prompted for their CatID.
The Foundation Center, a leading authority on organized philanthropy, produces the database which contains information about nearly 100,000 foundations, corporate donors, and grantmaking public charities in the U.S. and 2.1 million recently awarded grants. The database includes:
- Detailed information about grantmakers
- Types of programs/activities grantmakers will support
- Application process and links to 990 tax forms
- Lists of organizations that have received money from grantmakers
- Recipients of grants located in geographic location (i.e., Waterloo, IA)
To get to the database from the Rod Library home page, click on the Databases A - Z link located under the Articles tab and scroll down the alphabetical list of databases. Next, click on the title to enter the database. The direct link to the database is https://login.proxy.lib.uni.edu/login?url=http://fconline.foundationcenter.org/ipl.php .
The Foundation Directory Online database is funded jointly by three campus units: Rod Library, Office of Sponsored Programs, and the UNI Foundation.