Other Archives and Manuscript Collections Sites
- The University of Iowa Library Special Collections Department maintains strong collections on Lincoln, Leigh Hunt, railroads, and Iowa history.
- The Iowa Women's Archives , located in the University of Iowa Library, maintains collections of material related to women's roles and achievements in Iowa history.
- The Iowa State University Library Special Collections maintains a number of collections which focus on the university's scientific and technological roles.
- The home page of the State Historical Society of Iowa describes its programs, services, and publications. It includes information on grants administered by the Society.
- United States and International
- Special Interest Sites
- Those interested in the Holocaust should check the Archives of the Holocaust Museum .
- Joconde provides access to the collection records and a limited number of images in over 60 French museums. The database includes records of designs, prints, paintings, sculptures, photographs, and art objects representing over 130,000 art works and 10,000 artists.
- The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation offers a well-linked and highly-informative look at life in an early American city.