- UNISTAR - The UNI Rod Library Catalog  - is used to locate the books, journals (but not articles), and sound and video recordings found in this library.
- Google Book Search  - Online books prior to 1923. Partial view of recent books.
(Set search to "Limited preview and full view")
- HathiTrust Digital Library 
(Set catalog serach to "Full view only").
- OhioLink  and Mobius  - the shared catalogs of many libraries in Ohio and Missouri respectively, can be used to find books on botany not owned by the Rod Library. These systems will often search the titles of book chapters. If you find a book the library doesn't own - use Interlibrary Loan via UNISTAR .
- WorldCat  - The catalog of catalogs!
Use Advanced Search
Limit searches to either: abstract, title, or subject
Quotes (for phrase searching): "climate change"
AND (limits to specified terms): "active learning" AND ecology AND college
( OR ) (search for all terms): (farm* OR agricultur* OR agrarian)
* (find all versions): geomet* = geometry, geometries, geometric, geometrically ... etc.
( the * will not work with Google, Google Scholar, Google Books)