Items that professors have placed on reserve for a class are maintained at two desks in the library: the Reserve Desk at the MultiService Center on the second floor and the Art & Music Desk on the fourth floor. You can search to see what items your professor has placed on reserve through UNISTAR, the library’s online catalog. Begin at the library’s home page and click on the Books and Other Materials (UNISTAR) link. A menu of options will appear. Click on the Course Reserves tab at the top of the screen. You can then opt to search for all the materials placed on reserve for a specific course  or by a particular instructor .
The following circulation policies apply when an item is checked out from a Reserve Desk:
- You must be a UNI student or faculty member to check out course reserve items.
- A UNI identification card must be presented at the time of check out unless the student has registered their fingerprint with the Department of Residence.
- Loan times are considerably shorter than general library materials. For specifics, consult Loan Times for MultiService Center Materials  for specific details on loan times and fines.
- Course reserve items may not be renewed.
- All items checked out from the MultiService Center Reserve Desk must be returned to the Reserve Desk to avoid fines.
- If the Art & Music Desk is closed, Art & Music reserve items may be returned to the main Circulation Desk on the second floor.
The library also maintains electronic reserves. More information on how to access electronic reserves  is available.