Beginning in 2018, Rod Library will be annually awarding Undergraduate Research Awards to recognize and celebrate the extraordinary research, scholarship, and creative work of UNI’s undergraduate students thanks to a generous donation by Mary Ann Bolton (Class of 1970). The awards are given to students who demonstrate excellence in library research conducted in support of an undergraduate paper or project carried out under the guidance of a UNI Faculty member or approved mentor.
Three awards will be given:
- First Place - $1,000
- Second Place - $500
- Third Place - $250
- Full time, undergraduate students at UNI from any major are eligible to participate.
- Projects must have been completed for a UNI credit-bearing course OR for a faculty-mentored project, in any format or medium.
- Projects must have been completed no earlier than spring semester 2017.
- Projects must be original work, not previously published, and not co-authored.
Submission Process and Guidelines:
Applicants are required to complete and submit the following:
- An online application form
- Upload the following through the application form:
- Personal Essay: 750 – 1000 words describing the library or archival research, literature review and resources used in preparing to complete the project.
- A final version of the research project including a complete bibliography of library resources. The award winner will be encouraged to have their essay and project made publicly accessible through UNI ScholarWorks.
- Letter of support from a faculty member familiar with the applicant and his/her project.
- Application deadline: March 30, 2018
- Awardees notified by email: April 13, 2018
- Award Ceremony and Reception: April 25, 2018, 4 – 6 p.m.
Questions? Email email@example.com