The University of Northern Iowa Archives contains a large amount of audiovisual material. Most of that material is associated with particular record series and collections. For example, if a videocassette arrives in the University Archives in a collection of a faculty member's papers, that videocassette stays with that collection. Or if an audiocassette arrives as part of a student organization's records, that audiocassette remains with those records.
However, fairly frequently, a videocassette or an audiocassette arrives independent of associated papers or records. To provide access to that material, the University Archives has established several series of independent audiovisual pieces. The series are organized first by format, and, within format, in chronological order.
Please note that the film reel collection is currently being processed and re-organized for conservation purposes, and may thus take some time to retrieve if requested. Please also note that the archives does not currently possess the equipment or expertise to project film reels upon request. You will need to contact IT and/or broadcast services.
All films except Campus Scenes and Events have been counted and equal 132 linear feet.
28/00 - General Audiovisual
- 28/00/01 Videocassettes
- 28/00/02 CDs and DVDs
- 28/00/03 Audiocassettes
- 28/00/04 Phonographic Discs
- 28/00/05 Audiotape, reel-to-reel
- 28/00/06 Motion Picture Film
28/01 - Film Reel Collection
- 28/01/01 Campus Scenes and Events
- 28/01/02 Foundations of Mathematics for Elementary Schools (Located after 14/11 in the archives)
- 28/01/03 Let's Explore Science by Verlin Lee (Located after 14/11 in the archives)
- 28/01/04 Landmarks in Iowa History by Herb Hake (Located after 14/11 in the archives)
- 28/01/05 History with Herb Hake (Located after 14/11 in the archives)
- 28/01/05/01 Addendum to Herb Hake Film Reel Collection (in a smaller reel-to-reel format)
- 28/01/06 The Artist's Studio (Located after 14/11 in the archives)
- 28/01/07 Iowa T.V. Schooltime, or T.V.S.T. (Located after 14/11 in the archives)
- 28/01/08 I.S.T.C. Lantham Telecourse (Located after 14/11 in the archives)
- 28/01/09 The News Magazine of the Screen (Located after 14/11 in the archives)
- 28/01/10 Miscellaneous (Located after 14/11 in the archives)
Page created by University Archivist Gerald L. Peterson, November 2010; last updated August 26, 2014 (GP); updated May 9, 2017 by Rachael Acheson, Adjunct Special Collections and University Archives Librarian; updated June 15,2017 by Research Assistant Ashley Thronson.