- The Internet Classics Archive provides access to about four hundred Greek and Latin texts in translation.
- Diotima presents materials for the study of women and gender in the ancient world.
- The Making of America site at the University of Michigan includes full texts of a growing collection of late nineteenth century books and journals.
- The Iowa Official Register provides information about state office holders, election statistics, and other brief historical data about Iowa from 1860 through 2000.
- The Southern Poverty Law Center site includes information about this organization as well as teaching resources relating to tolerance and understanding.
- The National Women's History Project site provides educational and promotional services for women's history.
- The International Institute of Social History site provides access to information about labor history.
- The Internet Modern History Sourcebook gathers links to documents and sites relevant to an undergraduate course in modern European history.
- The United States Holocaust Memorial Museum site includes teaching materials and archival collections as well as detailed listings of museum holdings.
- A site relating to the Viet Nam era is: Vietnam: Yesterday and Today.
- The Public History Program site at Murray State University makes available course syllabi, project reports, and other information about the program.
- This site provides the text of all State of the Union addresses and also allows scholars to study the frequency and changing meaning of particular words.
- NetSerf provides links to many sites relating to the medieval world.
Special History Sites
Rod Library Special Collections and University Archives
University of Northern Iowa
Cedar Falls, Iowa 50613-3675
Hours: Mon - Fri 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.