This list provides some of the highlights in the history of the UNI-Dome. When the UNI-Dome was completed, it was one of only four air-supported fabric-covered large permanent structures in the world.
- October 31 - UNI-Dome inflated.
- November 9, 11, 12 - Storm tears hole in roof
- November 29 - Roof is reinflated
- February 7 - First public event held in UNI-Dome. Wrestling meet against University of Iowa. 10,214 people attended
- February 13 - First men's basketball game - UNI vs. South Dakota State
- March - North Central Conference indoor track championships
- March 25-27 - NCAA Division II gymnastics championships
- May - First football game - Varsity vs. Alumni
- May - First combined commencement ceremonies since 1970 held. Governor Robert Ray gives Commencement address
- August 31 - Dome grand opening
- September - Harry Chapin performs as part of Dome official opening
- September 4 - Dedication ceremony held at 2 p.m.
- September 4 - First intercollegiate football game - UNI vs. Northern Michigan
- November - Chicago concert
- November - First high school state football championships to be held in Dome
- Fall - Local 838 of the UAW holds contract ratification meetings
- March - Establish attendance record - Sports and Vacation Show - 28,000 attend.
- June - Second time roof is down because of mechnical failure during rainstorm
- August 28 -Alice Cooper with Burton Cummings concert
- September - Aerosmith concert cancelled because UNI-Dome could not hold the weight of the group's lights.
- December - Waylon Jennings, Jesse Colter, and Hank Williams, Jr. concert
- February 5 - Grateful Dead concert - 7000 people attend
- March - 16th Annual NCAA Division II Wrestling Championships held
- June - Eddie Rabbit/Dolly Parton concert
- November 30 - First women's basketball game played
- February - Alice Cooper performs for second time at the Dome
- March 29-31 - Gymnastics NCAA Division II National Championships hosted
- April - Jethro Tull and U.K. concert
- June 20 - Peter Frampton concert
- September - Ray Charles concert
- December 1 - Fleetwood Mac plays to record crowd of 25,500
- March - Marshall Tucker Band concert
- September - Cars concert
- November - Rolling Stones concert
- April - Willie Nelson concert
- October - Fleetwood Mac concert
- October - The Who concert
- December - Police concert
- Fall--new sign and message board added outside
- January 10 - Men's basketball game against Iowa State; sold-out audience of 8712 people.
- July - RAGBRAI stays overnight outside of Dome
- August - U2 concert planned, but rescheduled for Carver Hawkeye Arena
- April - Pink Floyd concert
- November - First sell-out crowd at football game - 16,324 in attendance
- January 3 - Record crowd of 22,676 attends UNI vs Iowa men's basketball game
- November 2 - REO Speedwagon concert
- August - new nylon turf installed at a cost of $817,000
- April 24 - Field dedicated to Stan Sheriff
- December 7 - Dome deflates after snow and ice cause tear in the fabric roof
- March - NCAA National Wrestling Tournament held - sold out crowd each session
- March 23 - Dome deflated in order to begin construction on new roof system
- September 12 - Opening football game played at Waterloo Memorial Stadium. First home game since 1975 to be played outside
- October - Dome reopens with new roof
Compiled by Library Assistant Gail Briddle; edited by University Archivist Gerald L. Peterson, September-October 2001; last updated, September 23, 2015 (GP).