Rod Library acquires internship and business directories. Some directories are available in the Career Collection, on the north side of the Rod Library’s main floor. Additional resources are available in the Reference Collection, in other Library locations, or accessible through the Web.
- Ferguson Career Resource Guide to Internships and Summer Jobs. by Carol Turkington. New York: Ferguson, 2006.
UNI Career Collection Reference LC 1072 I58T87 2006 volumes 1-2
- Vault/Inroads Guide to Diversity Internship, Co-op and Entry-level Programs. New York: Vault, 2006.
UNI Career Collection Reference and Career Collection Circulating HF 5549.5 M5V38 2007
- The Best 106 Internships. by Mark Oldman & Samer Hamadeh. New York: Random House, 2000.
UNI Career Collection Reference LC 1072 I58A54 8th ed.
- Internships. Lawrenceville, NJ: Thomson Peterson's, 2005.
UNI Career Collection Reference HD 5715.2 I6 2005
- The Internship Bible. by Mark Oldman & Samer Hamadeh. New York: Random House, 2003.
UNI Career Collection Reference LC 1072 I58I46 2003
- Vault Guide to Top Internships. New York: Vault, 2005.
UNI Career Collection Reference LC 1072 I58V38 2005
- National Directory of Arts Internships. Los Angeles: National Network for Artist Placement, 2008.
UNI Art & Music Reference NX 280 N37 2008
- Plunkett's Companion to The Almanac of American Employers: Mid-Size Firms: A Compete Guide to the Hottest, Fastest-Growing Mid-Size Employers. by Jack W. Plunkett. Houston, TX: Plunkett Research, 2008.
UNI Career Collection Reference HF 5382.75 U6A452 2008
- Hoover's Handbook of American Business. Austin, TX: Hoover’s, 2004.
UNI Reference HG 4057 A28617 2004 volumes 1-2
- Peterson's Top 2,500 Employers. Princeton, NJ: Peterson's, 2000.
UNI Career Collection Reference HF 5382.75 U6P48 2000
- National Job Bank: The Complete Employment Guide to Over 20,000 American Companies. Avon, MA: Adams Media, 2007.
UNI Career Reference HF 5382.75 U6N38 2007
- Iowa Business Directory. Omaha, NE: referenceUSA, 2009.
UNI Reference Desk HF 5065 I8I58 2009/10
- Forbes Global 2000: The Biggest Companies in the World. (published annually in the second April issue of Forbes magazine)
UNI Periodicals HF 5001 F6 and online through UNISTAR (journal title: Forbes)
- Hoover's Handbook of World Business. Austin, TX: Hoover’s, 2004.
UNI Reference HG 4009 H66 2004
- AHA Guide to the Health Care Field. Chicago: Health Forum LLC, American Hospital Association, 2003.
UNI Reference RA 977 A44 2003-04
- The Official Museum Directory. Chicago: National Register Publishing, 2009.
UNI Art & Music Reference AM 10 A2O4 2009 volumes 1-2
Selected Internship Web sites
For a guide to company directories (electronic & print) available through Rod Library see the Company Information Sources Subject Guide at /library-instruction/subject-guides/company-information-sources
For a guide to job banks and resume writing sources available through the Web see Rod Library's Career-Related Information and Job Banks page at /library-instruction/subject-guides/career-related-information-job-banks